It is important to not only find the right funeral director but also to find the right person to help you through the planning for the Hindu funeral through to the scattering of the ashes and the celebration of life.
When you lose a loved one at any age and in any circumstances, it is a very stressful and traumatic time. There are so many things to do and lots of opinions of what to do and how you should do it and how it is expected to happen. Sometimes the expectations of everyone else are not what is right for the deceased or their family.
A Hindu Funeral Celebrant
Working with an Independent Celebrant who has the knowledge of the Hindu Religion and Culture means that you can create a Hindu farewell ceremony that will respect the wishes of the deceased as well as respect the Hindu religion.
So what does that mean in practical terms?
What can be Included in the Hindu funeral?
- We can include chosen prayers that the Celebrant or a member of the family can read out.
- Together we will write the Eulogy that will tell the story of the deceased
- We can include hymns that we can all sing together
- You can have recorded music or musicians and singers
- If you would like to light a candle in memory, you can
- You can get everyone to lay a flower on the coffin
- You can choose who will carry the coffin into the crematorium and have a Toastmaster lead the coffin into the crematorium
- With a Hindu Celebrant there are more choices
What can be included in the scattering of ashes?
There are a number of ways that the ashes can be scattered. This can be in water, planting a tree, planting a flower, making a jewellery piece and more. This website can give you more details https://scattering-ashes.co.uk/
You can do this yourself or use the services of an Independent Celebrant to help you.
What if the deceased has left a wish plan for their funeral?
If there is a wish plan in place then your funeral Celebrant will follow the wishes as requested. They will work with the funeral director and any other chosen suppliers to ensure the wishes of the deceased are respected.
Where can I find out more about a Celebrant Hindu Funeral?
You can find out more at https://www.sonaldave.com/funeral-memorial-ceremonies/