As a singer with a Live Band and also someone who helps people find the right event entertainment, I keep asking myself “why do couples and organisers of events leave the entertainment booking ‘til the end?” Then, to make matters worse they always ask for a very, very, very reduced price for everything!
So what kind of event entertainment requirements might I be asked for?
Conference meet & greet drinks
Dinner & Dance
Fashion Shows and the list goes on and on
Entertainment is such an important part of your event and can often make or break your event. So at what point should you think about your entertainment? In your early planning stages it should be one of the top 5 things to book for all planned events and should be booked early to ensure that you get the right musicians, singers or DJ otherwise you will find yourself in a position where you do not get the most professional artists.
So what should you look out for when booking event entertainment?
1. Definitely ask them if they are legally allowed to work. This may sound really silly but there are a lot of people posing as artists who are not allowed to carry out any work let alone be here in the UK
2. Ask what unions they are affiliated with & if they are members of any professional bodies i.e. Musicians Union, Equity, Spotlight, etc as this will give you an indication as to their professionalism and legality. Membership of such professional bodies usually include public liability insurance which is a must-have.
3. Ask if their equipment is PAT tested. This ensures that the equipment is safe to use at your event.
4. Steer clear of any “entertainers” that do not work to a professional contract. Before signing, double-check the terms and conditions.
5. There are of course questions to ask like availability for your chosen date/s, what are their charges, where can you see videos and testimonials etc but the above points are all very important to safeguard your event.
If you found this useful and would like to find out more then do contact me at email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you